Tuesday 7 August 2018

TALK


TALK



“I could feel my lips getting dry and my heart pounding like it never had before. It felt sweaty everywhere on my body. Maybe because I had always practiced this moment perfectly in my head and not in reality. I knew I had a voice and I thought I was ready to use it. But as soon as I opened my mouth it was as if my words were lost in the chaos before they even came out. - ZARIYAAA”




‘Talk’, perhaps the most convenient yet sometimes the hardest way to convey thoughts, feelings or emotions merely because we refuse to do it at the first place. The problem with various issues of life isn’t exactly karma as some might choose to put it but is actually our ongoing habit of bottling our feelings within us rather giving them the voice to be expressed. Right from childhood we were somehow conditioned to not speaking a word extra or giving too much insight about our feelings or thoughts to someone else for it was considered as a sign of fragility. 
Silence might not need words to be expressed but feelings do and to deny our miseries, a voice is the most crucial form of misdeed we can do to ourselves and to the people around us. Something we’ve attained mastery in.

‘Talking’, as easy the verb is to spell, it isn’t really that easy to put in practice. 
It’s because besides being a verb talking is also about being able to TRUST someone to share your personal emotional space with and allowing them to guide you through your problems by LISTENING to them.
It’s also about being BRAVE enough to admit to your uncertainties by speaking them out loud and not feeling embarrassed about asking for help in sharing its burden.



WHY TALK?

Talk! Because one mind is not enough to understand everything.

Talk! Because it’s necessary to know that you’re not suffering alone.

Talk! Because you cannot possibly start the process of healing till you voice your issues, accept them and are ready to get rid of them.

Talk! Because you need to shed the dead weight of the emotions that refuse to let you rise from your misery.

Talk! To Build positive relationships around you so as to be able to feel secure in your sorrows.

Talk! Not because you always want to be heard by others, but to listen to your own voice, of what it’s trying to tell you.

Talk! Because you only think you know what they’re going to say.

Talk! Because your silence will only feed your insecurities more.

Talk! Because it takes mere 2 seconds to assume and ruin a relationship you spent an entire lifetime building.

What we most often forget is the fact that humans are social animals that thrive both emotionally and physically in positive social relationships. One shouldn’t feel ashamed of not wanting to be lonely or wanting somebody to share their feelings with. Humans have been given the gift of giving words to their thoughts and emotions and these words have the power to change our lives only if we allow them to.







No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS

“ I spent my entire life chasing big things. I ran till my lungs gave up and even that didn't make me stop. So i walked at a pace fas...